Permits & Registration
Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute (TAWIRI) Research Guidelines
Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute (TAWIRI) Application Forms
COSTECH application Form
COSTECH Curriculum Vitae Form
Residence Permit Form
The applicant (s) should fill in an application for research clearance, attaching a CV (Curriculum Vitae Form ), a synopsis or script when forwarding both the applications. The application must be made two months before the commencing date of the research assignment.
Requirements for this permit are:
- A copy of pages of the passport with the detailed information of the passport holder
- Five passport size pictures of the applicant.
- Introduction letter from the institution or university inviting the applicant for research
- C.V and certificate of university or institution attended by the applicant
- A completed application form to be downloaded or provided by immigration office
- Residence permit fee of USD $120 to be paid at Immigration office.
- A completed Research Clearance form to be downloaded or provided by the Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH )
- Application fee of USD $50 to be paid at COSTECH
- If your application is successful you will be required to pay research fee USD $300 per person at COSTECH.
While researchers and academic book writers should send the application and fee directly to:
Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH)
P.O. Box 4302, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Telephone: +255-22-700745/6/9, 75311/2
NOTE: The above research permit applications is separate from entry visa which should be made to the nearest Consulate / Embassy. Resident and Work Permit application should be made to the immigration department in Tanzania before entry to Tanzania