Tanzania Embassy, Seoul wishes to inform all Tanzanians living in the Republic of Korea that the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has introduced a new type of passport (E-Passport). In this regard the current Machine-Readable Passports will continue to be in use until 31st January, 2020 . The Embassy therefore has now started to receive and process applications for new passports (E-Passports).
A new passport costs 90 USD payable in two stages as explained hereunder.
Applicants for the new passports are required to fill in an online application form available on this website or Tanzania Immigration website and attach the required documents as in the guidelines provided. After filling up the application form, you will be required to pay an application fee of 90 USD, upon receiving a control number. .
All Applicants must appear in person at the Embassy in Seoul with a printed copy of their duly filled forms
and respective attachments for Finger Prints / Signatures and Photographs.
Click here for guidelines on filling up the application form.
emergency travel documents
The Mission also introduce electronic service for Emergency Travel Document for Tanzanians who lost their passports living/visiting in the Republic of Korea can now fill in an Electronic Application Form available online ( Click here for online application form ). After filling out the application form and attaching the required documents ( click here for more information about documents needed for Emergency Travel Document’s application ) you will be required to make a payment of 15 USD for application form fee .
Your complete filled in application form with attached documents should be sent by e-mail to the Tanzania Embassy, Seoul through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . The Embassy will then check your application and issue a control number which will be sent back to you to allow you to make another payment of 20 USD .
All Applicants must appear in person at the Tanzania Embassy, Seoul with both their filled in application forms and required documents for Finger Prints / Signatures and Photographs.
Note: Please be informed that Tanzania Passport application forms can be obtained at the Embassy in Seoul and they are not available online.Utaratibu wa kupata pasipoti mpya
Procedure for Application of New Passport
Procedure for application of a new Passport through the Embassies is as follows:
- All new passports will be issued at the Immigration Department Headquarters in Dar es Salaam and in Zanzibar.
- The application for a new passport should be submitted at the Embassy by the applicant him/herself. The Embassy has been delegated to process all the applications from Tanzanians living abroad.
- The Embassy will then send the completed application forms, relevant documents and passport fee to the Immigration Headquarters for the issuance of new passports.
- The Immigration Headquarters will then send the new passports to the relevant applicants through the Embassy.
NB: (All applicants must appear in person at the Embassy for finger Prints)
The following documentation must be submitted when applying for New Passport, Stolen/Lost Passport, or Emergency Travel Document:
- Original and Copy of the Old passport
- Five(5) photos standard passport size with light blue background
- Original and Copy of State issued ID like driver’s license, Alien Card etc.
- Marriage certificate for married women
- Original and Copy of the Birth certificate
- In case of changes on name(s), proof from the court is required
- Fee $50
Lost / Stolen Passport
- Police Loss Report
- A copy of Newspaper advertisement
- Notarized information of lost passport
- Letter stating reasons to apply for new passport
- Original and Copy of State issued ID like driver’s license, Alien Card.
- Original and Copy of Birth certificate
- Five (5) passport photos with light blue background
- Immigration file Dossier Number (DN)
- Fee $100
Emergency Travel Document (ETD)
- Three (3) passport size photos
- Complete the Emergency Travel Document (ETD) application form
- Original and Copy of Old Passport
- Letter explaining reasons for applying for travel documentation
- Copy of any ID card or documentation
- If your old passport was stolen/lost, all procedures for stolen/lost passport are to be followed before applying for ETD application
- Application Fee is $10
Children Born in The Republic of Korea
Tanzanian citizens living abroad, are advised to apply Tanzania passport for their children under 18 years who were born outside Tanzania provided that least one of the parent is still holding Tanzania citizenship.
The following documents must be submitted along with application form:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Birth certificate copy of one of the child’s parent who is a citizen of Tanzania
- Tanzania passport copy of one of the child’s parent
- Parental letter to request Tanzania passport for the child
- Passport fee $50
- Child must be brought to the Embassy for Fingerprints
NB: All passport applicants must submit all required documents at the time of applying a passport.
|Description of Service||Fee||Remarks|
|New Passport||USD 50||Payable in Cash|
|Lost or Stolen Passport (1st)||USD 100||Payable in Cash|
|Emergency Travel Document (ETD)||USD 30||Payable in Cash|
|Police Clearance Certificate||USD 25||Payable in Cash|
|Authentication or Verification of Individual Documents||
NB: Please Note the Following:
- Only one copy of the application form will be issued per person (in case of replacement, you will be required to pay again).
- The applicant will be required to sign the properly filled application form in presence of a Consular/Passport Officer using a special designated pen and his/her fingerprints will be taken.
- The applicant is also required to submit his/her previous passport for verification, together with copies of page 1 - 4, last page that shows the Dossier Number (DN), the page with visa/permit and a copy of a his/her resident permit.
- The applicant will be allowed to retain his/her previous passport during the processing of the new passport. However, he/she will be asked to submit it to the Embassy through registered mail for cancellation when the new passport arrives. The Embassy will then send the new and the cancelled passport to the bearer
- Child endorsement in the passport - Kindly note that there is no endorsement of children in the passports any more. Every Tanzanian citizen is required to have her/his own passport.
- When making passport applications for the first time, you need to have an original birth certificate and produce a copy for certification.
- Change of name in the passport - For anyone who wishes to change his/her name for any reason such as marriage, etc.,he/she will be required to submit new application, which will bear the new name. - In addition to normal documents that are enclosed during the application of new passport, they need to submit a supporting document on change of name (from lawyer, marriage certificate etc.).