Why Invest in Tanzania
Tanzania enjoys an abundance of natural wealth, which offers tremendous investment opportunities for investors. These include an excellent geographical location (six land locked countries depend on Tanzania ports as their cheapest entry and exit ports); arable land; world renowned tourist attractions ( Serengeti, Kilimanjaro, Ngorongoro, and the Spice Islands of Zanzibar ); natural resources; a sizeable domestic and sub regional market; a wide local raw materials supply base; abundant and inexpensive skills; assurance of personal safety; warm friendly people and a suitable market policy orientation.
The following are among the major reasons why you should invest in Tanzania:
- 1. High degree of investment security because of unparalleled political stability that is strife-free without ethnic division; democratic rule that respects diversity of opinion and a strong tradition of constitutionality and rule of law
- 2. Business-friendly Macro-Economic Stability with low inflation (4.2%), stable exchange rates supported by unrestricted and unconditional transferability of profits, loan repayments, emoluments, royalties, fees and changes;
- 3. Simplified bureaucracy, streamlined through the acclaimed services of the Tanzania Investment Centre which is a one-stop-facilitation agency of government serving registered investors and businesses;
- 4. Successful economic liberalization measures commended by both the World Bank and the IMF with business-supportive legislation continually being improved through genuine dialogue between government and the private sector.
- 5. A well-balanced package of incentives to investors with additional negotiated benefits to strategic investors.
- 6. Rapidly emerging as the most effective entry point and gateway for trade into Eastern, Southern and Central Africa; FAVOURABLE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION OF TANZANIA
- 7. Lucrative investment opportunities in infrastructure, privatisation and value-adding facilities.
- 8. Investment guarantees, and settlement of Disputes. Investments in Tanzania are guaranteed against Political risks, Nationalization and Expropriation.
- 9. Any foreign business operating in Tanzania may obtain credit from domestic financial institutions up to the limits established by the Bank of Tanzania. Major banks like Standard Chartered, ABSA, Barclays, Citibank, Stanbic, Exim etc. have invested in Tanzania.
- 10. Existing investors are ready to expand their businesses in Tanzania as depicted in the recent survey conducted by TIC , BoT and NBC .
- 11. Tanzania has been rated as number one investment destination with the highest sales growth by the UNIDO´s Report of Foreign Investor Perception Survey, November 2003.
Tanzania under the new enacted investment code Tanzania Investment Act -1997 and the Zanzibar Investment and Protection Act 11 2004 has been able to identify and categorize investment opportunities into load priority sectors as follows:
Mining, Infrastructure (e.g. . Road Construction, Bridges, Air ports, Generation of Electricity, Telecommunications, Water Services, Backup, services to Mining and the Like) and Export Processing Zone.
Agriculture including Livestock, Air Aviation, Commercial Buildings, Commercial Development and Micro finance Banks, Export processing, Geographical special development areas, Human resources development, Manufacturing, Natural resources, including fishing, Rehabilitation and Expansion, Radio and Television broadcasting, Tourism and tour Operation.
|Traditional Crops||Minerals – Base||Power||Beach Tourism|
|Horticulture||Metals and Gemstones||ICT Backbone||Conference Tourism|
|Floriculture||Gold & Tanzanite||Roads network covering most investment areas||Sports/Golf Tourism|
|Deep Sea Fishing and Aquaculture||Functional Seaports||City Tourism|
|Sugar Ethanol, Palm Oil, Jatropha Pyrethrum, Artemisia and Organic Cotton||Hydrocarbons: Oil And Natural Gas Coal Refining, Processing, Smelting, Cutting and Polishing||Airports servicing international flights Financial institution Health care centres Education||Medical Tourism Historical Tourism|
Address: 4th floor, Vivien Corp. Building 52,Seobinggo-ro 51 gil, Yongsan-gu,
Tel: (+82-2) 793 - 7007, Fax Number : (+82-2) 795 - 8990, E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webmaster & Developer: Gowelle John, Website: https://www.gowelle.tech
Copyright © 2020 Tanzania Embassy, Seoul